Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pizzology - Your New Favorite Hang Out

Upon entering Pizzology on Friday evening, two thoughts came to my mind.

The first was, "Where is the restroom?" After crawling through traffic up Keystone Avenue, I had to go if you know what I mean. But more importantly, when checking out new spots to dine, here is a handy tip: How clean a restroom is can generally equate to how clean the rest of the restaurant is, including the kitchen where your food is stored, prepared and cooked. Let me tell you, the men's room at Pizzology was spotless and rather inviting. I literally could have eaten off the floor. I chose to wait for a table instead.

Second thought: As a lady was dragging her two kids out the door I overheard her say "We are not waiting an hour." At the point I told my wife it was her loss and our gain. One more person we do not have to wait behind! You see, the hype for Pizzology has been overwhelming and I have been wanting to come here for months. I would have waited two hours without hesitation, as long as I had a tasty Upland Wheat to keep me company.

We actually only waited 15 minutes before being squeezed into a 2-top in the bar. Seating is tight in this gem of a pizzeria, but the cramped quarters contribute to the experience. The crowd was tremendous this night.

I stuck to my favorite Indiana brew and my wife, ever adventurous, ordered an immaculate Budweiser Light. Our server Jay was on point all night at table 43. For starters we had the Mushroom Risotto and bread sticks (not on the menu). Sticking to our devout Catholicism Lenten practice of no meat on Friday, we had the Margherita pizza.

A-MAZ-ING!

The food was delicious and lived up to the hype. The service was excellent and fast. The pizza is completely different than any place you have tried in town. Owner and Chef Neal Brown has created my new favorite pizza place in Indy!

Criticisms:

Only one I can think of is to pump up the volume on the music. While enjoying my restroom inspection I had some nice eighties music pumping my eardrum. While at my little bar table 43, it was barely audible. I need some jams while throwing back a pie!

Favorites:

Every single person had a smile on their face, made eye contact and said hello. EVERYONE. Very inviting.

Watch out though! If you wear Chuck Taylor's on your feet as I did last night, they just might make you bus a table or two. The entire Front of the House staff is required to wear these as part of the uniform as one enthusiastic staffer told me.

Overall, great experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment